ROADS AND BUILDINGS DEPARTMENT
Functions and Background:
R&B Department is in charge of all activities pertaining to Planning, Construction and maintenance of all categories of Roads, Bridges and major infrastructural Buildings of all Government Departments viz Health, Education , Judiciary and Revenue, etc in Kashmir province. These activities constitute a vital component of developmental works in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Road Network of R&B Kashmir consists of:
- National Highways
- State Highways
- Major District Roads.
- Other District Roads.
Objectives of R&B Department:
- To improve quality of life in both Urban and Rural areas by providing adequate connectivity.
- To provide an efficient Road Network system fulfilling all transportation needs so as to ensure smooth & uninterrupted traffic flow.
- Usage of latest technology and machinery for better construction and maintenance of roads, buildings and bridges.
- Setting high standards of road safety and travel comfort.
- Providing efficient connectivity to tourist and pilgrimage destinations.
- To construct buildings in accordance with latest building codes for various Government Departments.